- In 1946, she received the National Prize of Arts and Sciences, which was conferred upon her by the Ministry of Public Education.
- Her self-portrait 'Self Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird’ is one of her seminal works.
- Her painting, ‘The Broken Column’, painted right after she had spine surgery, is one of her most important works. This painting is symbolic of her physical and psychological struggles throughout her life.
- Best known for her self-portraits.
- One of Mexico's greatest artists even after death.
- Suffered a disastrous marriage with Diego Rivera.
- Kahlo had poor health throughout her entire life.
- Suffered a tragic bus accident.